Re: openbkweb-0.0

From: Davide Libenzi (davidel@xmailserver.org)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 16:56:02 EST

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Larry McVoy wrote:

> Make up your mind as to what you want as a community and let me know.
> I know what you want is a GPLed BK. That's not on the table. You don't
> have one and you can't produce one any time soon, it would take years,
> ask the Subversion guys or the arch guys or anyone you like, this isn't a
> matter of some perl scripts and a weekend hack. So until someone produces
> a viable alternative, you can have or not have BK to use, depending on
> your behaviour. I'd love to reach a compromise which leaves all parties
> happy. You want free access to the data in real time, I want you to
> leave us a chance to grow our business. If you want to have access to
> the data in CVS and you want to be free to go clone BK and you want to
> be free to go use BK without charge, that's asking way too much.

Larry, I already said this and maybe you missed it ( or maybe not ).
What about having a GPLed ( or whatever other license ), read-only BK
available for the ones that simply need to fetch stuff from BK
repositories ? You don't have to maintain another repository for
compatibility, and also you enforce BK usage.

- Davide