Re: Fw: 2.5.61 oops running SDET

From: Manfred Spraul (manfred@colorfullife.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 12:41:46 EST

>OK, I did the following, which is what I think you wanted, plus Zwane's
>observation that task_state acquires the task_struct lock (we're the only
>caller, so I just removed it), but I still get the same panic and this time
>the box hung.

AFAICS both exec and exit rely on write_lock_irq(tasklist_lock) for
synchronization of changes to tsk->sig{,hand}.
I bet an __exit_sighand occurs in the middle of proc_pid_status() -
after the NULL test, before the access in task_sig.

Martin, could you check what happens if you do not release the
tasklist_lock until after the task_sig()?

--
    Manfred