Re: Fw: 2.5.61 oops running SDET

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 13:56:49 EST

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Manfred Spraul wrote:

> Do you want to replace tasklist_lock with task_lock in exit_sighand()
> and during exec, or do you want to add task_lock to tasklist_lock?

I'd rather replace it, but your point about irq-safeness is a good one.
Clearly signal sending cannot take the task lock if we want to keep it
irq-unsafe.

So the signal stuff probably does need to be protected by _both_ the
tasklist lock and the provate task lock.

> Someone removed the read_lock(tasklist_lock) around
> send_specific_sig_info() - which lock synchronizes exec and signal delivery?

Looks like none. And I think it was Ingo who removed it. Ingo?

                Linus