Re: > > make: *** No rule to make target `2'. Stop. when make bzImage

From: Sam Ravnborg (sam@ravnborg.org)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 15:00:36 EST

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 07:39:21PM +0000, Alvaro Barbosa G. wrote:
> Sorry for the lack of info:
>
> Errors happen during:
> make bzImage
> will add the error file bzI_err
> the architecture is for i686
> this happen also with phoebe kernel-2.4.20-2.48, i had this problem a few
> days ago, so i upgraded gcc, cpp, glibc, rpm to the latest rawhide rpms
> 15.2.03, but get the same error 'make No rule to make target '2''

You did not provide the exact command you are using..
The attached log of the output looks OK. And I did not find the
offending error.

I suspect that the syntax you use to divert output to a file is wrong,
because the above error happens when you execute:
make 2

Try to doublecheck how you invoke make, and check any relevant environment
variables.

        Sam