Re: openbkweb-0.0

From: David Lang (david.lang@digitalinsight.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 17:34:42 EST

Ok, it sounds like we have the following resources available for getting
the kernel source

1. FTP of hourly snapshots
2. e-mail of individual patches hourly (patch may be e-mailed before
bkbits.net is updated)
3. bitkeeper access to bkbits.net
4. read-only rsync (including access to the SCCS info) of the full
up-to-the-second tree
5. web access to look at individual patches (automated pulls not allowed)
6. kernel.org mirrors of releases

This isn't enough for people so will adding read-only CVS access to the
tree itself be enough? does the CVS access need to also include the SCCS
directories? what's the next thing that people will complain limits their
access to the kernel source?

it used to be that we only had #6 and the griping that people did was that
to many patches were dropped, now we have all the others and only #3 and
#5 are limited by the evil bitmover company at all ;-) all the others are
available to anyone withouta need to use any software they don't want to
use.

David Lang