Re: Bug in 2.5.62 kernel

From: Luis Miguel Garcia (ktech@wanadoo.es)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 07:52:59 EST

hello:

Yes, it was missing module-init-tools. Now I have my kernel compiled but when I try to boot, I can only see

Uncompressing Kernel... booting linux....

and then I cannot see nothing more but the HD is going up and down during half a minute, so I think something is happening but my screen is not updating.

What can I test in order to boot my system?

I'm behing a Sony Vaio N505-VE laptop.

Thanks.

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:43:49 -0500
John Weber <weber@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Luis Miguel Garcia wrote:
> > it's about 2.5.62
> >
> > I can do a make bzImage correctly
> > I can do a make modules correctly
> >
> > but
> >
> > when I do a make modules_install I get a lot of
> > depmod: Unresolved Symbols in /lib/modules/2.5.62/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxx.ko
> >
> > What ca I do in order to see what's happening?
>
> Do you have module-init-tools installed? Kernels since 2.5.48 require
> differed module utilities.

Luis Miguel Garcia Mancebo
Ingenieria Tecnica en Informatica de Gestion
Universidad de Deusto / University of Deusto
Bilbao / Spain