Re: Linux v2.5.62

From: Zilvinas Valinskas (zilvinas@gemtek.lt)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 13:50:17 EST

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 05:53:43AM -0500, David Ford wrote:
> 2.5.60+ is rather unstable for me on an Athlon CPU w/ gcc 3.2.2. If I'm
> careful and do very little in X, it seems to stay up for a few days. If
> I do any sort of fast graphics or sound, etc, it'll die very quickly.
> 'tis an instant death with no OOPS, nothing at all on screen, nothing on
> serial console.
>
> Just an FYI, I'm trying to narrow it down.

it might triple fault ? Who knows. One thing I am sure of, if I don't
load agpgart + intel-agp, laptop in questions, works flawlessly.
Otherwise first time I log of KDE trying to login as different user I
get instant reboot.

That's the clue.

ps.
Hardware :

Compaq EVO 800
Intel P4, 1.7GHz, 256MB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobility LY (something).