Re: 2.5.60 cheerleading...

From: Timothy D. Witham (wookie@osdl.org)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 17:29:49 EST

Sorry about getting back on the thread late was off doing boring
management stuff.

But this is what PLM/STP does but right now it doesn't bother
to send the results to any list.

http://www.osdl.org/projects/26lnxstblztn/results/

Tim

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 13:38, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 03:16:29PM -0600, Paul Larson wrote:
> > Ideally, there should be no waiting around for replies. The message is
> > sent, he starts whatever build/boot test cycle, checks for replies when
> > he's done and ready to release. If nothing looks urgent enough to hold
> > it up, then he pushes the release. I still don't see how this adds any
> > kind of terrible delay.
>
> Outside suggestions to "improve" Linus's workflow usually fall upon deaf
> ears...
>
> IMO to accomplish your goals, set up a test box with BitKeeper,
> constantly pulling and testing the latest 2.5.x BK trees. If they
> crash, send full info to lkml.
>
> Enough crash messages, and people will know automatically whether or not
> the kernel is good... and Linus didn't have to be bothered at all.
>
> Jeff
>

> -

Timothy D. Witham - Lab Director - wookie@osdlab.org
Open Source Development Lab Inc - A non-profit corporation
15275 SW Koll Parkway - Suite H - Beaverton OR, 97006
(503)-626-2455 x11 (office)    (503)-702-2871     (cell)
(503)-626-2436     (fax)