Re: sendmsg and IP_PKTINFO

From: Neil Brown (neilb@cse.unsw.edu.au)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 22:51:07 EST

On February 19, ak@suse.de wrote:
> "David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > All you are showing us Neil is that the documentation
> > is inaccurate. That snippet you showed me from manual
> > pages is wrong about sendmsg semantics.
>
> Yes, it's wrong I agree. Here is a patch. Please check
> and if nobody complains Andries can apply.

Thanks. This helps, but I was imagining something a bit
wider-ranging. In particular I though a "Control Messages" section
would be nice, which enumerated separately all the control messages
that can be recieved, and all those that can be sent.

As far as I can tell, control message are currently defined for:
   IPv4,
   IPv6,
   SOL_HCI - some bluetooth thing
   SOL_SOCKET (which don't seem to be clearly documented in socket(7))

I might try and draft some changes to ip.7 and maybe socket.7 next
week sometime.

NeilBrown