Re: 2.4 iget5_locked port attempt to 2.4 (supposedly fixed NFS version this time)

From: Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 11:50:15 EST

> Original patch was from Jan Harkes <jaharkes@cs.cmu.edu>,
> and was applied somewhere at the beginning of 2.5
> development. It still would be nice if someone more
> knowledgeable in NFS client code will review the changes
> (and the same is true for Coda of course).

Please remind me. Why can't NFS set inode->i_mode, call
nfs_fill_inode() etc. in the 'init_locked' callback?

As for the issue of the stat() problem you mentioned: does your server
have a monotonically increasing inode->i_ctime? If ntp or something
like that keeps turning the clock backward on the server, then the NFS
client has no chance of recognizing which attribute updates are the
more recent ones.

Cheers,
  Trond