Per-process disk statistics? (a la top)

From: Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko (simonf@cshl.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 14:17:49 EST

Hi,

I am looking for a way to find out which processes contribute the most
to disk I/O (something like top, but for disk activity). There seems to
be no way of doing this (sar, iostat and lsof are no good here), so I
was wondering whether kernel provides this information at all.

I hope this is not considered offtopic - I don't know of any other forum
pertinent to the question.

Thank you in advance for any pointers,
Simon

--

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko) simonf@cshl.edu http://www.simonf.com

"Large software projects are like werewolves because they transform unexpectedly from the familiar into horrors." Fred Brooks