Re: [RFC] Is an alternative module interface needed/possible?

From: Roman Zippel (zippel@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 07:34:18 EST

Hi,

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Werner Almesberger wrote:

> Roman Zippel wrote:
> > Anyway, this alone would be not reason enough to change the module
> > interface, but another module interface would give us more flexibility and
> > reduce the locking complexity.
>
> Wait, wait ! :-) There's one step you've left out: what we actually
> expect the module interface to do. We have:

There are several module interfaces:
- module user interface
- module load interface
- module driver interface

These are quite independent and so far we were talking about the last one,
so I'm a bit confused about your request to talk about the first.
<rant>
BTW Why Rusty had to completely break the first two interfaces to
"improve" the last one, is probably another mystery, I'll never
understand.
</rant>

bye, Roman