IOAPIC on Via KT266a

From: fauxpas@temp123.org
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 11:52:48 EST

I have a UP system with Via kt266a chipset. When I enable APIC in
the BIOS and in Linux, the system boots mostly normally, but I get
a fairly constant stream of

APIC error on CPU0: 02(02)

with a smattering of other numeric codes from time to time. Most
things still work, but there are a number of oddities and instabilities,
most notably my integrated uhci USB controllers give usb bulk-msg
timeouts on every device.

This happens with 2.4.20 vanilla, 2.4.21-pre4-ac6, Debian's 2.4.18-bf24
and every other 2.4 series kernel I've tried... can somebody point me
at a faq/patch/person to help get me started resolving this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Josh Litherland (fauxpas@temp123.org)