kernel 2.5.63 - shutdown/reboot commands

From: Ananda Krishnan (veedutwo@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 15:55:24 EST

Hello,

  I use IBM NetVista and IBM x370. Both are run the
linux-kernel-2.5.63. The NetVista has RedHat Linux as
base installation, while the x370 has RedHat Linux
Advanced Server as base installation. With the
kernel-2.5.63, I am not able to reboot (using reboot
command) or shutdown (shutdown command). I have to
hard-reboot the machine. I wonder whether any one
encountered this problem with 2.5.63. Is there a
solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Ananda