Re: C-Media 9739 codec - solution found

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 08:29:52 EST

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 03:04, David Monniaux wrote:
> This driver works well with 2.4.20.
>
> Who maintains the i810_audio / AC97-related things? I think the C-Media
> driver should be folded into the regular kernel (otherwise it won't get
> maintained).

A lot of it duplicates existing functionality we have and in a different
way. Nothing wrong with the way they have done it but it does make merging
that kind of thing hard. The Linux ac97 code has digital control ops that
very few codecs use. It should be possible to populate those from this
and this code also has a few oddments about the sis7012/18 that may help
fix some stuff [We don't have SiS docs]