Incorrect 80 wire detection with amd 760mpx & 2.4.21-pre4-ac7

From: Nicholas Wourms (nwourms@netscape.net)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 19:54:29 EST

FYI:
I suspect that:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=104619727013220&w=2
is related to my problem.

Anyhow, I'm using a UDMA5 WesternDigital drive on a ASUS
K7M266-D motherboard. With a plain, stock 2.4.20 kernel,
the viper driver properly recognizes which channel has the
80 wire cable (in my case ide0). The hard disk is the
primary master, a cd-r drive is the primary slave, and a zip
drive is the secondary slave. I can successfully set UDMA5
with hdparm without any problems. However, after upgrading
to 2.4.21-pre4-ac7, I noticed that the drive was stuck at
UDMA2. Checking /proc/ide/amd74XX yeilds some unexpected
results: