Re: BitBucket: GPL-ed KitBeeper clone

From: David Lang (david.lang@digitalinsight.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 12:50:07 EST

the big reason for haveing it be compatable with existing systems is so
that if people move to it and decide they don't like it they can move away
from it again.

you may like to think that your program is so good that people will never
want to move away, but if it isn't an option then people will be very slow
to adopt it as the risk to their source history just went up a few
notches.

David Lang