Missing keypress when ACPI enabled

From: daveman@bellatlantic.net
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 11:48:40 EST

Since about 2.5.60, the first 2.5 kernel that has built/booted for me, I've noticed X/Kscreensaver fails to capture a keystroke after about 20 minutes of inactivity, in the password login prompt. It is only the first keypress that is lost, all later keypresses work fine. I believe I've narrowed it down to an interaction with having ACPI enabled, as booting the kernel with 'acpi=off' seems to make the problem go away. I've attached dmesg and .config output. Please let me know if I can assist further.

Regards,
David Shepard