Re: 2.5.64p5 No USB support when APIC mode enabled

From: Meino Christian Cramer (mccramer@s.netic.de)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 08:37:58 EST

From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: 2.5.64p5 No USB support when APIC mode enabled
Date: 07 Mar 2003 12:52:16 +0000

Hi Alan,

 thanks for your reply!

 Unfortunately it does not solve the problem:
 As long as uhci (or USB per se) is not present, things do work.

 But uhci/USB get confused and repeats the message (in my last mail)
 endlessly i fcompbined with APIC mode.

 Therefore it seems that APIC is working with my VIA board without USB.
 But I cannot live without USB ... my mouse is USBish and X without a
 mouse is a little ... hmmm senseless.

 Any ideas else?

 Keep Hacking!
 Meino