Re: Make ipconfig.c work as a loadable module.

From: Michael Mueller (malware@t-online.de)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 16:33:07 EST

Hi Alan,

you wrote:
> > Sorry, but I must join Russel here. I have atleast one machine which has
> > a bootloader able to load exactly one file only. There is currently no
> > way to load an initrd. It would need to implement the whole (BOOTP+)TFTP
> > stuff again, just to get the initrd. So I was quite happy linux 2.4
> > still knows about mounting a NFS root filesystem without user-space
> > help.
>
> Just glue the initrd to the kernel. This is not rocket science

Do you have a sort of glue fixing the ramdisk support on m68k to support
physically non-continous memory too? Otherwhise I have only 1 MiB for
the whole initrd.

So hopefully the removal of ipconfig.c, if decided for, does not
propagate back into the 2.4 series. It would add a heap of useless work
to do, just to get it up again.

Michael

--
Linux@TekXpress