kmsgdump && ksymoops result for the 1GB RAM problem in kernel compiled with high-mem (4GB)

From: Adrian Golumbovici (adrian.golumbovici@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 15:07:03 EST

Hi guys,

I have a problem with 1GB of memory on my A7V8X card, vga=788 and
kernel compiled with high mem support (2.4.21-0.13mdk enterprise; based on
the 2.4.21-pre5) combination ending in a kernel oops (black screen, dead
frozen PC and Scroll lock and Caps lock leds remain on). Without vga=788
(default setting for my Mandrake 9.1 rc2 distro) it works ok.

I did my best to learn about tracing stuff in linux / linux kernel and I
patched the kernel with the kmsgdump and also installed ksymoops. I set up
kmsgdump to do an automatic dump on floppy in case of kernel oops. I
attached the resulting messages.txt and also the oopsresults.txt as the
result of running ksymoops on the messages.txt There is a warning in it
which says results might not be reliable because of some module mismatch,
but it is ok. The oops had nothing to do with that
module. So make abstraction of it. The pwcx-i386 is compiled for some other
version but it works and I need it for my webcam. I had same error before
insmod-ing it so forget it is there. It appears in the result of the
ksymoops but at the moment it crashes (right at boot) it doesn't even get to
the point where it has anything to do with the modules.

Can anyone tell me if any kernel guru can understand any of these results?
Is there a specific place where I must send the results for interpretation?

If anyone needs more info please don't hesitate to contact me by email.

Best regards,
Adrian

P.S. I also added the ioremap.c and the ioremap.s (compiled for debugging)
so maybe people would have all the info in order to understand what happens.
:)