Re: 2.5.64-mm2->4 hangs on contest

From: Ed Tomlinson (tomlins@cam.org)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 08:41:01 EST

On March 10, 2003 08:41 am, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> At 07:43 AM 3/10/2003 -0500, Ed Tomlinson wrote:
> >Mike Galbraith wrote:

> >Suspect that the interactivity changes have make the problem that my
> >ptg patch is designed to fix easier to hit. Con where is the latest
> >contest (a quick google does not help)? Mike what version of irman
> >are you using? The one I have has problems parsing /proc/mem in mm.
>
> Version 0.5. (also has parse problem)

If you guys play with the ptg patch there are two tunables you should
be aware of. The first is theard_governor, which probably will not need
to be touched. The second is user_governor. This one you may want to
reduce from 100 to 50 - meaning start reducing a user's timeslices when
there are more than 5 in run queue tasks for that user.

Ed