Re: SWSUSP Discontiguous pagedir patch

From: Patrick Mochel (mochel@osdl.org)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 11:51:21 EST

> > The cumulative patch is here:
> >
> > http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mochel/power/pm-2.5.64.diff.gz
>
> Hmm, I am not sure if drivers/power is the right place for stuff like
> fridge.c. That might be usefull for other stuff, too.

That's fine. If it proves useful for other things, we can move it.

> I do not think placing swsusp.h in drivers/power/swsusp is right. It
> should be in include/linux or include/linux/power.

That header is only for the shared functions between
drivers/power/swsusp/*.c. There's no need to export it to everyone.

Under the new model, nothing would call swsusp directly. It would call the
model's functions, which would delegate the call to the user-specified
handler for the action.

        -pat