Re: Adaptec driver build noise in 2.5.64

From: Justin T. Gibbs (gibbs@scsiguy.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 19:44:03 EST

[ Moved to linux-kernel as this is not a SCSI specific issue ]
[ Subject changed to avoid x x x spam filter at kernel.org <sigh> ]

> In 2.5.64 (+ .63 + .64bk3) at the end of a 'make bzImage'
> I see:

> make -rR -f scripts/Makefile.modpost
> scripts/modpost vmlinux drivers/scsi/advansys.o ...
> ... fs/vfat/vfat.o lib/zlib_deflate/zlib_deflate.o
> *** Warning: Can't handle class_mask in
> drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aic79xx:FFFF00
> *** Warning: Can't handle class_mask in
> drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aic7xxx:FFFF00
> *** Warning: Can't handle class_mask in
> drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aic7xxx:FFFF00

The mask is correct. The tool not groking it is broken.
In otherwords, the class is only 16bits and it is offset by
8 bits into the class variable in the pci device. I could
switch to using ~0 and things will probably just work, but
why have a mask at all if it must be "all bits set" in order
for the tools to not complain?

--
Justin