Re: OLS2003 Performance BOF Proposals

From: Craig Thomas (craiger@osdl.org)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 20:12:48 EST

I think both can be combined into one. The first seems to outline
the way to run a benchmark (multiple runs, std dev, variance, etc)
and a list of micro benchmarks. The second seems to handle the larger
performance tests such as large database loads, very long running tests,
etc.

I wonder if you can include a discussion of monitoring tools for
performance data collection as part of the first BOF? We have found
that for 2.5 the packages report different numbers when
comparing between sysstat, vmstat, ziostat, and iostat.

--
Craig Thomas <craiger@osdl.org>
OSDL