Re: [RFC] 2.4.20-rc3 change broke NFS

From: Joe Korty (jak@rudolph.ccur.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 18:19:03 EST

> You are actually probably hitting a hole in the file. If the client
> has written beyond the eof, but not yet transmitted the data to the
> server, then you would indeed probably see an EIO.
>
> Your fix is probably correct, but could you just cross-check by seeing
> if the appended patch also fixes the problem?

Hi Trond,
Your fix to nfs_readpage_result worked. There may be a small hole
remaining, which the following closes. This also worked.

- if (data->res.eof || page_index(page) <= inode->i_size >> PAGE_CACHE_SHIFT)
+ if (data->res.eof || page_index(page) < PAGE_CACHE_ALIGN(inode->i_size) >> PAGE_CACHE_SHIFT)

Thanks for your help,
(I'll leave it to you to submit the patch you think best to Marcello and/or Linus).
Joe