Re: Reproducible SCSI Error with Adaptec 7902

From: Terry Barnaby (terry@beam.ltd.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 11:17:59 EST

Hi Michael,

The Seagate ST336607LW has firmware: 0004.
Seagate have stated to me that this is the latest.
They have also stated to me:

  Issuing an unrecognized or illegal command to the drive can cause the
  drive to go into a hardware fault mode where it will no longer respond,
  and may or may not respond to a SCSI BUS reset. It seems, in this case,
  the drive will no longer respond to any commands issued by the
  controller.

Is this "feature" now common on SCSI drives ????

Terry

--
Dr Terry Barnaby                     BEAM Ltd
Phone: +44 1454 324512               Northavon Business Center, Dean Rd