RE: Reproducible SCSI Error with Adaptec 7902

From: Cress, Andrew R (andrew.r.cress@intel.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 11:30:18 EST

Ingo,

Our testing with that drive (same firmware, using same aic7902 chipset) has
not shown any problems like this. However, we were using a later aic79xx
driver versions (1.3.x). That upgrade should be the first step.

I wouldn't get too excited about the statement by a level-1 Seagate support
guy, probably just a blanket statement when they want to disclaim
responsibility.

Andy