Tyan tiger 2466 mpx dual processor problem

From: Michiel Klaver (michiel@drecomm.nl)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 12:46:09 EST

My Tyan Tiger MPX 2466 mobo has two AMD Athlon MP 2400+ CPU's, but when running
a standard RedHat or Debian Kernel (i686-smp) it will only recognize one CPU.

When I build my own kernel (2.4.20) with athlon support (k7-smp) it will crash
at boot time.

My problem is that I can only log-in remotely, and a console monitor is not
(yet) available, so I have no clue about error messages... :(
Lucky me to use the lilo -R option, so it will return to the default kernel
after an APC reboot.

What could cause this behaviour?

What should be the BIOS settings for MPS (1.1/1.4)? APIC (on/off)?

Thanks in advance,

Michiel Klaver
The Netherlands.