Re: kernel nfsd

From: Stephan von Krawczynski (skraw@ithnet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 11:28:25 EST

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:07:33 +0300
Oleg Drokin <green@namesys.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 04:42:04PM +0100, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
>
> > > The comment in the code just above the printk() reads
> > > /* Now that IS odd. I wonder what it means... */
> > > Looks like you and Neil (and possibly the ReiserFS team) might want to
> > > have a chat...
> > I'm all for it. Who has a glue? I have in fact tons of these messages, it's
> > a pretty large nfs server.
>
> What is the typical usage pattern for files whose names are printed?
> Are they created/deleted often by multiple clients/processes by any chance?

This is a nfs-server who serves web-servers (apache). I find a lot of these
messages, but they (upto now) only point to 3 different filenames. And these
are in fact all directories. The box never crashed and has currently 20 days
uptime. It is dual P-III and has 6 GB of RAM.
The questionable directories were created long before they first showed this
message and have never changed (regarding name-change). Their contents were
possible changed but surely not often meaning no more than once a day or once a
week.
It may well occur that multiple nfs-client systems _read_ them, as well as
multiple processes on one client.
The nfs-clients are 2.4.19 boxes and one 2.2.21.

--
Regards,
Stephan