2.5.65: ext3 journal recover slow and hangs

From: CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 06:37:56 EST

Noticed something as my system was recovering from constant crashes
under 2.5.65. The journal recovery for my partitions is very, very slow
with nary a HD write during the recover. On one partition the system
hung twice. There was no message or anything. The cursor just turned off
and no typing, alt+sysrq or ctrl+alt+del would register.

I am currently running under 2.5.64 and the journal recovery went as
normal.

--
"Other countries of course, bear the same risk. But there's no doubt his
hatred is mainly directed at us. After all this is the guy who tried to