Re: Deprecating .gz format on kernel.org

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 19:02:50 EST

   From: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@zytor.com>
   Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:19:42 -0800

   Now, the questions that come up are:

   i) Does this sound reasonable to everyone? In particular, is there any
   loss in losing the "original" compressed files?

   ii) Assuming a yes on the previous question, what time frame would it
   make sense for this changeover to happen over?

I'm fine with this, and my personal feeling on time is the sooner
the better.

It's pretty hard to find a Linux system without bzip2 these days.