Re: Hard freeze with 2.5.65-mm1

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 20:03:19 EST

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 12:19:09PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> This is a bug in the new nanosleep code. mplayer asks the kernel for a 50
> millisecond sleep and the kernel gives it a two month sleep instead.
> Please set INITIAL_JIFFIES to zero and retest.
> With what compiler are you building your kernels?

Just hit it with xmms:

$ less /proc/1284/wchan
sys_rt_sigsuspend
$ less /proc/1285/wchan
schedule_timeout
$ less /proc/1286/wchan
schedule_timeout
$ less /proc/16656/wchan
do_clock_nanosleep
$ less /proc/16657/wchan
do_clock_nanosleep

kill -STOP `pidof xmms` ; kill -CONT `pidof xmms` gets it unstuck so
it's not lethal, but still...

-- wli