Re: Release of 2.4.21

From: Daniel Egger (degger@fhm.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 16:53:40 EST

Am Fre, 2003-03-21 um 10.23 schrieb John Bradford:

> Unless the system has to run 24/7, which a desktop machine usually
> doesn't have to, I don't see why testing 2.5 on it isn't a
> possibility.

Because desktop systems usually don't feature the notion of a testbed,
read an environment in which dangerous changes can be tested without
severe loss of important data.

I would never ever boot a 2.5.x kernel on my notebook or on any other
machines without preparing a different harddrive for instance, YMMV
though.

--
Servus,
       Daniel