Re: Linux 2.5.65-ac2 (drivers/char/genrtc.c compile failure on i386)

From: Marco Roeland (marco.roeland@xs4all.nl)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 06:57:40 EST

On Sunday March 23rd 2003 at 11:58 uur Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Oops, until last Friday I didn't even know genrtc was used on ia32...
>
> Anyway, can you please give this a try? I also updated PPC and PA-RISC, the
> other two known users of genrtc I forgot to update.

Ok. It compiles OK now (apart from some warnings for the janitors). I am
currently running 2.6.65-ac3 with it (well actually due to EXTRA_VERSION
still being -ac2 it thinks it is -ac2 ;-) To Alan from my phrase book:
"Peidiwch a gwneud hyn eto - pum punt o ddirwy!)

Only tested on i386, I still haven't decided whether a Power Mac is
worth the extra money, and my last HP machine was years ago ;-)

I don't seem to be a power genrtc user: I had to rmmod rtc before modprobe
genrtc succeeded but it does work:

$ cat /proc/driver/rtc

rtc_time : 11:49:52
rtc_date : 2003-03-23