re: Ptrace hole / Linux 2.2.25

From: Robert Love (rml@tech9.net)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 15:21:39 EST

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 15:09, Tomas Szepe wrote:

> This sentence is ambiguous and one of its possible meanings is
> "Most people do and Robert Love suspects Alan Cox does, too," which
> is also probably what you meant. A bit strong a statement, don't you
> think? How can you know the opinion of most people here?

Yes, sorry, ambiguous.

I meant "I suspect most people agree with Alan"

I do not presume to know what most people think. I presume to think I
know, hence "I suspect ..."

Anyhow, all I am saying is, if people _require_ support or bug fixes or
instant updates they should use a vendor kernel. This does not mean we
should not facilitate users who do make their own kernel.

This thread is getting off-topic...

> As a sidenote, I consider it important to note that it's obvious
> that if Alan were the 2.4 maintainer, we would likely have a 2.4.21
> with the critical (and possibly other) fixes out and all the fancy
> new stuff rescheduled for 2.4.22.

I would of released a 2.4.21, too.

        Robert Love