Re: 3ware driver errors

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 18:44:10 EST

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 06:01:07PM -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> There is a firmware upgrade you need to obtain from WD if you are using their
> drives with a 3Ware controller. The WD drives were optimized for desktop use
> and they go into a "powersave" mode of sorts which will cause them to disappear
> and reappear mysteriously with all sorts of strange errors. WD is aware of
> this problem and so is 3Ware.

Is this for all WD drives or just some? I've got some wd400 drives that
I've been using for a long time behind a 3ware in jbod mode. I have seen
some errors but they seem to have settled down. Is there any way to know?

--
---
Larry McVoy              lm at bitmover.com          http://www.bitmover.com/lm