Re: Testing: What do you want?

From: Rob Radez (rob@osinvestor.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 19:04:51 EST

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 12:30:56PM -0500, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
> Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> >sparc32? If you get it to build or even to boot, please drop me a note
> >
> >Last time I looked at it, sparc32 wasn't in any good state (esp. SMP) in
> >2.5.x. This is because Dave S. Miller stopped spending a lot of hacking
> >time (he has to work for other things now and only merges patches he
> >gets sent, where he formerly did tons on active development for
> >sparc32).
>
> I'll let you know about whether it works or not. What you tell me about
> SPARC support, however, does not bode well. I was about to say "I'm
> surprised that Sun isn't providing any support" -- then my senses
> returned, and I realized I'm not surprised in the least.

I just wanted to let y'all know that I've been trying to keep an
up-to-date status page for sparc32 at http://osinvestor.com/sparc/ with
basic information on 2.4 and 2.5 compiling and booting (or not as may
be.)

And yes, 2.5.65 builds and boots UP on sparc32, for me at least. SMP is
badly broken.

Regards,
Rob Radez