Bounty hunting for a linux kernel hacker

From: Francois-Rene Rideau (fare@tunes.org)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 06:22:22 EST

Would you like to receive a great PDA, and be able to proudly say
"I completed the port of the linux kernel to this machine!" ?
Well, I'm looking for a kernel hacker who'll complete
the port of the linux kernel to the HP Jornada 820.

The 820 is the second best PDA that exists.
The only other PDA in the same league is the Zaurus SL-C700:
only the two of them have a full VGA display and a full keyboard.
Though, spec to spec the must more recent Zaurus wins in most cases
the Jornada is good enough and has a few perks,
notably including its much more comfortable keyboard (and its price).

The volunteer kernel hacker will receive a sample of the machine,
and I'm raising funds so as to also offer him a bounty
when the kernel port is complete (if you have a 820 or intend to buy one,
please consider contributing to the fund).

I put all the details about the hunt, current status of the kernel,
links to documentation, etc., on the following page:
        http://fare.tunes.org/computing/jornada820.html

If you are interested in participating in this bounty hunt,
of if someone you know could be interested in it,
on either side of the bounty, please contact me.

The volunteer hacker doesn't have to be a field expert already --
but will probably have to become something like one as the project unfolds.
Time and dedication are required.

Thanks a lot for your attention,

[ TUNES project for a Free Reflective Computing System | http://tunes.org ]
The risk is that if, one day, machines become intelligent,
we mightn't be mentally equipped to notice they are.
                -- Tirésias, in J.-P. Petit, "A quoi rêvent les robots?"