Re: addition to visor.c

From: iain d broadfoot (ibroadfo@cis.strath.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 08:58:25 EST

* Greg KH (greg@kroah.com) wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 02:18:47AM +0000, iain d broadfoot wrote:
> > First off, hi all and thanks for all the kernels. :D
> >
> > I have fiddled together the following info for a sony clie nz90, which i
> > believe should go in drivers/usb/serial/visor.{h,c}.
>
> Thanks, but this device is already supported in the latest 2.5 kernel :)

ah. ok-dok. :(

i felt so proud and manly and super-cool as well...

> And it's in my queue of patches to send to Marcelo for 2.4, so it will
> show up there too eventually.

sweet.

i just need to remember not to bunzip the kernel source over my version
now...

> > ok, it recognizes, but none of the apps i have seem to like the clie - i
> > get 'please press hotsync button now' messages, despite the fact that
> > the /dev/ttyUSB1 device is only there after the button has been
> > pressed... :(
>
> Try the latest version of pilot-link, from pilot-link.org. You need
> that. If that doesn't work, try ttyUSB0, that might be the correct port
> for this device.

hmm, i've got the latest pilot-link, and i've tried both 0 and 1 (0 gets
logged as the Generic, while 1 is logged as HotSync) so i think it's
time to find a new list to harass. :D

cheers,

iain

--