Re: BK-kernel-tools/shortlog update

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 12:21:22 EST

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Matthias Andree wrote:

> you can either use bk receive to patch this mail, you can pull from
> bk://krusty.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de (NOTE: no trailing slash)
> or you can apply the patch below.

Btw, one feature I'd like to see in shortlog is the ability to use
regexps for email address matching, ie something like

        'torvalds@.*transmeta.com' => 'Linus Torvalds'
        'alan@.*swansea.linux.org.uk' => 'Alan Cox'
        'bcrl@redhat.com' => 'Benjamin LaHaise',
        'bcrl@.*' => '?? Benjamin LaHaise',
        ..

I don't know whether you can force perl to do something like this, but if
somebody were to try...

                Linus