Re: struct dm_ioctl

From: Andrew Morton (akpm@digeo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 19:49:38 EST

Joe Thornber <joe@fib011235813.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 11:27 AM, Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:
>
> > One is struct dm_ioctl. Google tells me that it was
> > noticed already that it defined a broken interface,
> > and Kevin Corry submitted a patch against 2.5.51.
> > Today this has not been applied yet.
> >
> > What is the status? Should I resubmit that patch?
>
> The patch is queued, and should be merged very soon. The only reason I
> delayed was that I wanted to update both the 2.4 and 2.5 releases at
> the same time so that people can continue to switch back and forth
> between kernels. That said, I have left it too long, sorry.

Please send me a copy. I'd like to get all the required bits and pieces for
this conversion queued up in one place so we can actually look at it,
evaluate its impact and test it. The current process of creeping revelations
is quite confusing.

Also if userspace tools need upgrading please send me the URLs so I can make
people well aware of the upgrade requirements and process.

Thanks.