Re: [REPRODUCABLE BUGS] Linux 2.5.66

From: Torrey Hoffman (thoffman@arnor.net)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 18:49:42 EST

I've got a similar bug on my sis framebuffer, using 2.5.66 and the
latest patch you sent to the kernel mailing list Wednesday morning with
the subject "Framebuffer fixes." That was about half an hour before
the message where you said you had fixed this in bk, so maybe the patch
didn't have the fix?

Anyway the bug I see is: If I use fbset to change between 1024x768,
800x600, and 640x480 the console doesn't seem to be aware of the
change. However, it doesn't seem to cause corruption or oops'es, at
least for me so far.

However, I am pleased to say that I am able to use the sis framebuffer
driver now. Last time I tried, around 2.5.64 I think, I got serious
screen corruption switching between X and the framebuffer console.

So things are getting better... thanks for all your work!

Torrey Hoffman

--
Torrey Hoffman <thoffman@arnor.net>