Re: [REPRODUCABLE BUGS] Linux 2.5.66

From: Joshua Kwan (joshk@triplehelix.org)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 21:27:32 EST

While we're on the framebuffer bug train, James, do you know of
this bug with radeonfb:

My 2.5 kernel boots. Some initial boot text with ACPI and such is
scrolled on the screen, this is before radeonfb has taken over and
switched the screen size. But this is usually instant.

Right after the switch there is a lot of random characters in
varying colors at the top of the screen below the penguin. The
first legible boot message I see is this:

        "Console: switching to colour framebuffer device 128x48"

(not verbatim)

The junk quickly scrolls off into the sunset and has no adverse
effects on the following boot messages.

It does not help to tell lilo to use 1024x768x16 by default.
(vga=791)

This is a minor bug, but the same thing works fine in the 2.4
radeonfb.

Regards
Josh

--