Re: Error accessing memory between 0xc0000 and 0x100000

From: Edgardo Hames (ehames@scdt.frc.utn.edu.ar)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 11:25:30 EST

El Mar 25 Mar 2003 13:21, Richard B. Johnson escribió:

> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Edgardo Hames wrote:
> > Hi everybody. I'm trying to write a simple device driver to read and
> > write memory at addresses beween 0xc0000 and 0x100000, but when I try to
> > load the module I get the following error:
>
> Check out ioremap(). Although the addresses you show are already
> mapped, you need to access them with the "cookie" returned from
> ioremap().

I tried ioremap'ing the addresses and now it doesn't oops, but I keep reading
255 no matter what I write to that address. I have no device at that
addresses, but what I'm trying to do is reading and writing to that memory
area like it was a file.

Thanks,
Edgardo

--
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
Truman's Law