Re: Obsolete messages ...

From: Davide Libenzi (davidel@xmailserver.org)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 18:44:52 EST

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Dave Jones wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 06:21:14AM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
>
> > > Any CONFIG_DROP_FREAKIN_OBSOLETE_MSGS (SO_BSDCOMPAT,bdflush,...) anywhere
> > > soon in 2.5.67 ? :)
> >
> > If you fix the apps, the messages go away. In fact, you want to know
> > that you have unfixed apps on your box when you run these kernels so
> > I'd say the messages should stay even well into early 2.6.x
>
> If folks want to mail me reports of any app (and version, even distro
> info) that reports these sorts of messages, I'll add them to the doc at
> http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt

Well, usually /etc/inittab calls /sbin/update ( bdflush ). About
SO_BSDCOMPAT I can report Bind 9.2.2 but I think their code is right. They
do check for "#ifdef SO_BSDCOMPAT", that is still defined in asm/socket.h.
By removing SO_BSDCOMPAT from asm/socket.h and rebuilding, it should be
fine.

- Davide