Re: 3c59x gives HWaddr FF:FF:...

From: J.A. Magallon (jamagallon@able.es)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 18:05:10 EST

On 03.28, Andrew Morton wrote:
> "J.A. Magallon" <jamagallon@able.es> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all...
> >
> > I have just switched the network card for my internal network from a 8139
> > to a 3c905C-TX/TX-M. The 3c59x driver gives the buggy FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
> > hardware address for the adapter. I had heard about the problem and looked
> > throug LKML archives, but they just point to a non existen web page.
> > I use 2.4.21-pre6+aa.
> >
> > What happens ? Any solution available ?
> >

> The eeprom wasn't powered up.
>
> Please take the 2.4.20 3c59x.c and place that into the 2.5 tree and confirm
> that it does the same thing (it will).

Hum, I suppose you want to say take the _2.5_ one and put into my _2.4_ tree ?
Some previous answer also talked about a more recent version in -ac.
(btw, can 2.5 be useful for something ? does not the driver depend on a new
arch of, for example, the PCI layer ? )

> Then try disabling APCI and/or otherwise fiddling with your power management
> options (maybe in BIOS too).

I don't build ACPI, just APM power-off (SMP box).
Will take a look at 2.4-ac (it looks like the most similar thing to what I have)
and to 2.5.

Thanks for your info.

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon@able.es>      \                 Software is like sex:
werewolf.able.es                         \           It's better when it's free