Re: Kernel compile error with 2.5.66

From: Stewart Smith (stewartsmith@mac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 20:19:56 EST

On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 10:08 AM, John Goerzen wrote:
> This is on PowerPC:
> <snip>
> In file included from mm/fremap.c:14:
> include/linux/swapops.h: In function `pte_to_swp_entry':
> include/linux/swapops.h:54: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `pte_file'
> mm/fremap.c:139: `PTE_FILE_MAX_BITS' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

Yeap, I'm getting this too. There seems to be a whole bunch of changes
in include/asm-ppc64/pgtable.h that aren't in include/asm-ppc/pgtable.h

This is at least my guess.
By doing the dumb cut&paste business I've gotten further along, but
haven't done enough to actually compile fully yet. I'm half nervous
about doing a lot of this as I have no idea about this level on ppc
(maybe benh, the maintainer of linux for power mac could help out?).

If I get anything going, I'll let you know.

on an architectural question, there seems to be a lot of duplication
between ppc and ppc64, should they be more closely melded or is there a
really-good-reason(tm) behind the seperation?