Last major update to VM documentation

From: Mel Gorman (mel@csn.ul.ie)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 09:29:45 EST

Yet another release of the VM docs and I hope this is the last major
update to it. The swapping and page replacement chapters are the two most
notable changes with the usual cleanups and embellishments elsewhere. I am
tentatively saying it is now fully accurate now though and the final few
technical errors should have been shaken out of it. If I'm wrong, feel
free to point it out and laugh a bit.

Arguably, what is more important is that I've written a set of
acknowledgments where I tried to compile a list of everyone that gave me
a hand. Thanks to anyone who sent me technical corrections, grammar
corrections and the odd word of encouragement, it is much appreciated. If
I missed anyone, send me an indignant email.

I am aiming to leave this pretty much as it is for the next two weeks and
if nothing major happens, it'll be rubber stamped, finalised and I'll make
the TeX source publicly available (hopefully on http://www.linux-mm.org or
somewhere else that doesn't depend on my website existing) and start
working on something else

Understanding the Linux Virtual Memory Manager
PDF: http://www.csn.ul.ie/%7Emel/projects/vm/guide/pdf/understand.pdf
HTML: http://www.csn.ul.ie/~mel/projects/vm/guide/html/understand/
Text: http://www.csn.ul.ie/%7Emel/projects/vm/guide/text/understand.txt

Code Commentary