Urgent Business Request

From: mpofa4@ecplaza.net (mpofa4@ecplaza.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 21:07:39 EST

NAME : Dr. Julius Mpofa
INTERNET FAX: +1- 775-667-4297

Pretoria, South Africa.

 Sir,

 On behalf of my colleagues and I, I write this
 letter with great pleasure. Your information were
 given to me by a member of the South African Export
 Promotion Council (SAEPC) who was with the Black
 Economic Empowerment Commission (Government)
 delegation on a trip to the United States during a
 bilateral conference talk to encourage foreign
 investors. I have decided to seek a confidential
 co-operation with you in execution of a business
 transaction hereunder for the benefit of all
 parties.

 Within the Department of Mining Resources where I
 work as the Director of Project Implementation, with
 co-operation of two other top officials, we have in
 our possession, an overdue payment in US funds.

 The said funds represent certain percentage of the
 contract value executed on behalf of my Ministry by
 a foreign contracting firm, which we the officials
 over-invoiced to the amount of US$14,300,000.00
 (Fourteen Million, Three Hundred Thousand United
 States Dollars). Though the actual contract cost has
 been paid to the original contractor, leaving the
 excess balance unclaimed.

 The Government of the Republic of South Africa
 believe that private investment in general, and
 foreign direct investment in particular, are the
 real engines for sustainable economic development,
 for which reason it has continued to encourage
 investment in the key growth-oriented sector of
 Mining with sincere determination to pay foreign
 contractors all debts owed to them, so as to
 continue to enjoy close relationship, and a mutually
 beneficial co-operation with foreign governments and
 non-governmental financial agencies. As a result we
 included our bills for approvals with the
 co-operation of some officials at the Department of
 Finance and the Reserve Bank of South Africa (RBSA).
 We are seeking your assistance to be the beneficiary
 of the unclaimed funds, since we are not allowed to
 operate a foreign account. The changing of
 beneficiary's information/details and other forms of
 documentation upon application for claim to reflect
 the contract money and its approvals will be secured
 on behalf of your company or your good self.
 I have the authority of my colleagues involved to
 propose that, should you be willing to assist us in
 this transaction your share as compensation will be
 30% while my colleagues and I shall receive 60%, and
 the balance of 10% shall be used to reimburse all
 expenditures, taxes and miscellaneous expenses so
 incurred.

 It does not matter whether or not your company does
 contract projects of the nature described here. The
 assumption is that your company won the major
 contract and subcontracted it to other companies.
 More often than not, big trading companies and firms
 of unrelated fields win major contracts, and
 subcontract to more specialized firms for execution.

 This business itself is 100% safe, provided you
 treat it with utmost confidentiality. Also your
 pecialization is not a hindrance to the successful
 execution of this mutual beneficiary transaction. I
 have reposed my confidence in you and hope that you
 will not disappoint us.

 Kindly notify me by email for further details, upon
 your acceptance of this proposal.

 Regards,

 Dr. Julius Mpofa.